Re: [CH] Beef ribs: recipes?

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 22:18:01 -0700

Well, my goodness! Now, I know, that Australia is a very large island,
particulartly when compared to the relatively small island upon which we
reside here, stuck on the edge of North America, off the coast of (sorta)
Washington and British Columbia, mostly B.C.but, I would never have
imagined that an Ozzie,  born in Melbourne, and who has lived in England,
Switzerland, and Canader, would not know what that great culinary treasure
of her homeland was! She did, however, recognize it from the description,
but had never heard it referred to as a "floater"!  I must agree with
Rael, that the only "floaters" that I had any knowledge of were somewhat
different from that. I do recall, when young, swimming in Lake Ontario,
and pushing "floaters" away, prior to swimming into them, but then, that
was in the dark ages, 60 years ago, and I seem to remember that Toronto's
sanitation plant was overwhelmed that summer! Tara, was that grisly? Or
gristly? Or is there a difference? A good meat pie, though, can be made
great, by the addition of chiles to the filling, and I do a really great
steak and kidney pie, that has fantastic flavour, simply because of chiles
in the stew. Unfortunately, for me, my bride, of all these years, is
allergic to beef, so any of those I make, I eat by myself.....:-( . This
Ozzie does know what Lammingtons are though, and Marie has made those, but
a little too much sugar for this poor old diabetic kid!! Cheers, Doug in
BC