Re: [CH] Some really good potato chips

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 21:43:22 -0500

"Goslowsky, George" wrote:

> Well CH'ers, I came upon these chips in the vending machine at work.  They
> are called Krunchers and they are Jalapeno flavored.  And I be d**ned if
> they aren't.  Good flavor, respectable heat and an overall enjoyable potato
> chip.  Anyone else heard of these bad boys?  I am going to look around and
> see if I can't find them in larger bags.

  Sure. Been eating them for years. They first appeared around here I think
about 15 years ago. They are a constant annoyance to my wife, who can't stand
the smell of them for some reason. I'm not allowed to eat them in the same room
she's in. Oh well, at least I don't have to share them this way. ;-) I tried
the Mesquite a while ago, and thought they were fairly taste-free. I have never
tried the original. Just in case anyone is interested, this past week I also
found and tried:

Old Dutch "Dutch Crunch" - Jalapeno and Cheddar

and

Poore Brothers Jalapeno Potato Chips

  The former isn't a bad chip; unless you're looking for Jalapeno flavor and
heat. Just a faint hint of heat (and I'm a self-proclaimed moderate C-H) that
builds a little, with an equally faint hint of cheese flavor (which seems to
fade as the heat builds). The latter, as I recall, had even less flavor unless
you count salt. Too salty for my tastes. IMHO, Krunchers are superior to either
of these two. Now when are they going to come out with  Hab. Krunchers?

--
Erich
C-H # 2099