Re: [CH] Hot Tuna?

Mike Pierce (mpierce@martel-intl.com)
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:54:15 -0500

At 12:19 AM 7/13/00 EDT, you wrote:
>A client just returned from a fishing trip off of Mexico, and arrived at our
>office with tuna.  I now have a five pound chunk of blue fin in my freezer.
>I would like to smoke it.  Any suggestions on how a chile-head would
properly
>prepare this fine chunk of fish flesh for smoking?
>
>Marilyn

Marilyn

I'm not sure I would smoke tuna. Altho Hot Tuna does smoke. I would slice
it in 1 inch steaks and marinate in soy, ginger, garlic, sherry, and chile
of choice, and a little seasame (sp) oil, then grill over direct heat 'till
mid rare to medium. I think tuna would dry out if smoked for too long of a
time. I've been known to smoke about anything, 'ceptin tuna.

Michael Pierce
Telecommunications Manager - MarTel International, Inc.
11038 N. Harrison
Kansas City, MO 64155
Phone: 816.734.0040
Fax: 816.734.2066