Re: [CH] Hot Tuna

Rich McCormack (macknet@pacbell.net)
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:08:14 -0700

Virginia Anderson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Hot-smoked tuna is a bit dry, but delicious.

[snip]

> ...  Try serving it flaked onto very
> well-buttered brown bread or toast, the way one does with kippers or smoked
> mackerel, and eat with brown ale or hard cider to combat the dryness and
> salt.  A side order of pickled chiles and vegetables would make this a
> perfect lunch.

Ahhhh...kinda like, but not quite, Finnan Haddie.  My mom used to make
us (me 'n my mom, my dad didn't favor it much) Finnan Haddie for
breakfast once in awhile.  That's the way I've been eating my freezer
stash of smoked tuny.  Heat it in some milk 'n melted butter and serve
it over buttered toast with a good sprinkling of fresh ground black
pepper.  Add the chile-head touch and you got...

Mmmmm, mmmm...good stuff!

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...