Re: [CH] Daves Private reserve

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:56:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Mary Going wrote:

> Anytime I have to taste a "sauce" like that, I mix it with cream cheese
> first so that I can taste it without it killing me. Then, I can tell what
> it tastes like, and whether it's any good. Afterwards, I have a pretty good
> idea what to eat it on. Habanero  750 is the best of the extremes, but they
> aren't going to be making it anymore. Da' Bomb is the second best. They now
> have "The Final Answer" which is 1,500,000 Scoville units. (Yikes!)
>
> - mary

Now that's a GREAT IDEA.  I think I tried Da' Bomb a couple years ago
when I was judging hot sauces at the Pig 'n Pepper, and it didn't seem
too hot right away, and I tried more on a taco chip or two.

As those of you that have tried THE BREAD know, sometimes there's a
delayed effect, designed to catch the unwary I'm sure.  Well, it caught
me.  I turned a bit pink, and yogurt didn't really help much.  I'm more
careful now.

Aside from that, being able to judge the taste first, and then the heat
would be a "good thing" when judging hot sauces at events like the
Pig 'n Pepper.  I'll have to suggest it, or bring along some tubs of
cream cheese the next time I judge.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas