Re: [CH] Another letdown - Hormel "Hot" w/Beans

Pusgut4@aol.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 22:34:25 EDT

radiorlg@att.net wrote:

> Well, I opened the can, heated it up and put it on my
> hotdog and... BOY was I disappointed. Even DH thought it
> had no heat. He said he had one bite that was a bit hot,
> but really nothing. I felt the same way. Jalapenos, green
> chiles and chili powder are all on the label and there
> was NO noticable heat. I am writing Hormel. I want my
> money back and I'm going to give them a piece of my mind.

  This does not suprise me one bit, I am yet to find a mainstream grocery item that has any decent heat at all! I just bought a pack of Aidell's "Habanero & Green Chile" Sausage. NO HEAT AT ALL???!!?? Who would put out a habanero product with absolutely no heat? The mention of habanero peppers scares off most non-CH's. Then no heat, No self-respecting CH would ever buy a second pack! At least they had decent flavor, so I scrambled them with eggs and loaded on the Hot Sauce!

Ron.