RE: [CH] Off subject? Wine-Friendly Barbecue Sauce

Mary & Riley (uGuys@ChileGarden.com)
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:32:57 -0700

Cleaned this up while waiting for a compile to compleat.  :)  Hopefully a
little easier to read.

Riley

Off subject?

FYI. Just Passing this on.  ~~~

Hey there Wine Brats,  We are proud to announce that Art C. Stone of the
Raleigh/Durham chapter won the national barbecue sauce contest! We'd now
like to share this  superb, wine-friendly sauce with the world, thanks Art!
~~~

Wine-Friendly Barbecue Sauce

This was developed for pork tenderloin, but it should work with other meats
as well. This is enough for about one pork tenderloin.

2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, minced
4 tablespoons of sesame seeds
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
Juice from 1/2 large lime
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of soy sauce *
2 tablespoons of jalapeno pepper, minced

*Doug - any comments?  Combine all ingredients and mix well. Reserve some of
mixture for putting on top of cooked meat. Then put meat in sauce to
marinate for 24 hours, turning occasionally if meat is not completely
submerged. Grill and serve with reserved sauce.