Re: [CH] No heat, very disappointed

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 17:27:29 -0500

At 10:34 PM 8/9/00 +0200, T wrote:
> > The problem as described in the subject line is that they have virtually
>no
> > heat, the regular orange habs which have turned are MANY times hotter. How
> > could something like this happen?
>
>I've had it happen, both with Jalapenos and chinense.  Some had no heat,
>then later other pods were normal.

When I didn't know nothing the first Thai Dragons I ever ate were from a
farmers market.  They were perfectly straight, about 8 inches long, and a
sweet as can be.   I bought several pounds and as they had no heat I used
them as a salad pepper and to add color to pickle dishes and canned
jalapenos.  I went back two or three weeks later and bought some more.  On
the way home I took a big bite out of one of those things expecting it to
be sweet and danged near went apopoleptic.  Wow.  That was real Thai heat.

But I never had habs with no heat.   Still yet, I wouldn't mow the crop
under just right now; if they stay sweet use them as heatless habs (Chile
Woman sells a heatless hab, but that's for people who intentionally want
them).  My guess is you got a runt or two and the Bad Boys will come on strong.

carp