Re: [CH] surplus serranos

David Hanks (dhanks@frangipani.com)
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:54:43 +0700

Tim 'N Deb wrote:

> Serranos smoke extremely well.  In fact I've smoked just about
> every type of pepper I can grow or buy.  I usually smoke them for 3
> or four hours in my Little Chief smoker then dehydrate them and
> grind them up with a coffee grinder.  The resulting powder makes
> excellent gifts (you said you had a surplus).  Mango?  Hmm....that
> sounds interesting!  I usually use Alder, Apple or Cherry.  If I could
> find Mango here in Northwest Montana I'd definately give it a try.
> Let me know how they turn out.

	Will do.  I don't have (cheap) access to the woods you folks do and I
just happened to bring back some mesquite chips and seeds last time I
was home.  I've got mango and tamarind in my yard and have used the
mango on butts with decent results.

	My sister has been raving about her dehydrater for a couple of years
but I don't have one.  Do you think using a gas oven turned down to
flicker would work for something like this?  I'd love to pass some
bottles of this stuff around to friends.

	David

--
What's Hua Hin? Check out the Hua Hin Pages @ http://frangipani.com