Re: [CH] TMV

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 07:01:36 -0500

GarryMass@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 08/16/00 7:28:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> byron.bromley@gsd-co.com writes:

> << TMV is not a problem per NMSU. Can also be inactivated with dishsoap per
>  NCSU. >>

> This is another virus warning that I could do without.  If everyone who
> worries about TMV got a case of TMJ, then we'd have proof that there is a
> gawd.  Of course, if potato chips cured baldness, then we wouldn't need proof.
> Will all listmembers who have lost their Chile crops to TMV please respond
> (angrily, if you like) to this post?  I'm of the opinion that TMV is right up
> there with the 50 cases of botulism in the USA each year, that's one per
> state for you Marines.  But it doesn't prevent the botulism angst on the list
> each year.  You'll recall, fondly I hope, "BotchULee, botchULa,
> botchula...etc."
> Gareth the ChileKnight

Thanks. Gary. TMV is/has not been a problem for me - so I pretty much
blow off all the TMV posts. And I, too, give short shrift to all the
salmonella. botulin, mad cow disease, cancer caused by xxxx, and
cholesterol, etc. warnings.

If the posters had any idea of what they were spewing about, 'twould be
different. But, parroting some drivel from the tabloid press or
pseudo-science show on the glass teat that has been intentionally
sensationalised for "impact" tells me that the poster is desparate to
post something to be noticed.

Eating a couple of tablespoons of cayenne every day will cure/prevent a
lot of internal ills. But, it won't increase an idiot's reasoning powers
nor aid their cognitive functions. If eating chiles could do that we'd
all be genius-class.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider