Re: [CH] Making pepper powder

Tony Flynn (tony@nzol.net.nz)
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:35:28 +1200

Matt Prerost wrote:

> I was going to try my hand at making some pepper powder.  I was
> wondering what my fellow pepper heads use to grind it into powder.
>
> Also would you recommend drying them in the oven or should I try to
> use this dehydrator that I borrowed, with no manual?
>
> Matt Prerost

Hi Matt,

I dry my peppers in the oven on low with the door ajar with no problem,
but if I had a dehydrator I would most certainly give it a try first.

Grinding, I break the dried peppers down in the food processor and
finish in a coffee grinder. I do not know of the makes of cofffee
grinders available to you but some cheap ones are for intermittent use
only. So use only in short bursts or you will burn it out.

Tony Flynn

Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand.