Re: [CH] Heat

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 19:46:45 -0500

"http://www.wildpepper.com" wrote:

> This article has an awful lot of errors in it.  Too many for me to take
> it at face value.

> -Jim C
> Mild to Wild

Apparently NPR bought into it. I heard parts of the story - sadly one of
the neighbourhood urchins snapped my car's antenna at the root so the
radio tends to fade in and out - I got something about unspecified
"military" uses when they asked their "expert" about what seemed to be
"Whussup with thhis chilie jive?"
The guy seemed to know his muttons - stating that chiles were introduced
into Asia in the 1500-1600 period about the time that they were going to
Europe. The Europeans went for the wussy sstuff and the Asians went for
the gusto. Then he got tracked off onto "wild" tepins as the father of
almost all chiles known today before I lost the signal completely.

There were so many ambiguities and obsfuscations in the Reuters story
along with outright mis-information that I think someone is pranking the
news services to see how far something like this can go on a slow news
day when even Prince George the Twoth and Wooden Al can't strike any
saprks off one another.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider