Re: [CH] Pepper oil

yoda (yoda@clark.net)
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:16:42 -0400

Danger DANGER Danger DANGER - Potential bacterial HAZARD!!!

never ever put fresh wet peppers under oil!!!!
only dried peppers should go into oil, and even then they and the oil
should be raised to 212/220F - 100/105C and held there for several
minutes.

fresh peppers should only go into vinegar/water/salt solution and the
vinegar should be not less than half strength 5% - pierce the peppers
first, (and a little boiling in the vinegar solution will increase
longevity)

these also hold true for fresh garlic/onions/herbs

--
Jim W		My opinions are just that; not my employer's or my wife's!
!! Do not assume that your freedoms are assured !! The truth is out