Re: [CH] Pickling peppers - msg not posted to CH

Adam (adam@impulse.net)
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 14:43:52 -0700

That recipe looks to be just what I was looking for.  I want to can the
results.  I am new to storing things long term and have read a bit about
the difference between low acid foods and high acid foods.  It seems that
carrots are normally canned under pressure and all I have is a water bath
canner.  Anybody think this recipe is suitable for non-pressure
canning?  Would I simply add the finished product then process in the
canner for about 8-10 minutes to seal the jars?

Sorry for the novice questions.  My chilies are all picked and I want to
put them up so as not to lose them.  This is my first year growing chilies.