Re: [CH] Peppers in vodka

bill jernigan (bill.jernigan@juno.com)
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:56:25 -0400

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000 10:58:10 -0600 Michelle DeWitt
<michelle@wildpepper.com> writes:

> What would be the best pepper to make pepper vodka? I suppose it would
> just be personal preference but I'm sure others on the list have tried
> different types. Also, would you put the whole pepper in or cut it in
> half?

last year (after the open fields), i decided to make some pepper
vodka...i put a savina, a hab, an aji amarillo, a couple of those little
yellow mystery chiles (that jim didn't grow this year, a serrano and a
jalapeno in a fifth of vodka...

it was (for me) undrinkable...too hot...but it WAS pretty...

think if i was doing it again, particularly for christmas, i would use a
whole green serrano and a ripe (red) jalapeno...maybe poke a hole or two
in the chiles to let the vodka in, so they don't mold...

if you want it hotter, you could use a savina and a jalapeno, or you
could use any other chile to flavor it, then take it out and add a red
and a green chile for the presentation...

a bottle full of those little bolivian rainbows, topped with vodka, would
be spectacular...

bill
did you donate food today?
visit http://www.thehungersite.com once a day