Re: [CH] Peppers in vodka

Mark McHugh (mchugh@internet-stat.net)
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 13:42:30 -0500

Mike Benson wrote:

> I've always put it into the freezer for a
> ~week or two, turning the bottle every time I open the door.  Good
> ~stuff.
> ~
> Why put it in the freezer?  So it's served cold?

Yes.  My Russian friends taught me this trick.  You get an icy shot
that warms in your stomach.  Warm vodka is nasty.  These Russians even
had round-bottomed glasses so that you couldn't put your drink down
until it was drained.

BTW, vodka is the diminutive of "voda", the Russian word for "water".
Also, our word "whiskey" comes from the Gaelic for water, "uisce".

Any other languages out there that use a form of water as their word
for liquor?

--
´´
Mark McHugh