[CH] Hummus

mstevens@exit109.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:55:50 GMT

At 01:49 PM 10/25/00 +0200, you wrote:

>> >I've posted some images of the recent NJ Hotluck that was covered by the
>TV
>> >Food Network at:
>> http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stevens07724?d&.intl=us&.flabel=fld4&.src=ph
>>
>> =Mark
>
>Holy Moly! The cookies and chicken look awesome. I'm not quite sure what
>hummus is. Looks like some sort of bread? Again the we missed a great event.
>Tara, did you save enough yet?

Hummus is sort of a middle eastern version of guacamole using mashed chickpeas
instead of avacados.  It also contains olive oil, garlic and lots of spices
(Including in this case habanero).  It is often spread on wedges of pita bread
which can be seen surrounding it in the photo.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                Where ya' from?