Re: [CH] Endorphin Rush

Mary Going (mary@firegirl.com)
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:52:45 -0400

Currently Da' Bomb, The Final Answer is the hottest "sauce" on the market
at 1,500,000 Scoville Units. To my knowledge, though, it hasn't been tested
using the HPLC method. Habanero 750 - which is no longer made, is the
hottest one that was ever tested (to my knowledge). It tested at exactly
750,000 Scoville Units, and is (was) mostly habanero chile extract.
Ingredients list: Habanero Chile Extract, Chile Extract and Soybean Oil.

This "sauce" is actually great-tasting, especially if you're just trying to
add heat and habanero flavor. One of my chilehead geek friends tells me he
adds 20 drops of Habanero 750 to a 16oz jar of Pace Picante sauce - which
makes it the perfect heat level. He likes it hot. He also buys from
FireGirl a sauce called 99%, which is a habanero pepper mash, by the case,
and eats it with every meal, if that gives you an idea of how hot he likes
it. I have about 6 bottles of Habanero 750 left which I plan to sell on
Ebay at some point.

The company that made Habanero 750 has gone out of business, but one of the
people involved in that company is David Ashley who owns Ashley Foods.
Ashley Foods makes Mad Dog Inferno. When the first HPLC tests were done on
Dave's Insanity, Endorphin Rush, etc.,  Mad Dog Inferno was actually the
hottest sauce - I have the break-down somewhere if anyone is interested.
And, I've always thought Mad Dog was the best tasting of the extreme hot
sauces.

Anyway, Ashley Foods is coming out with a new sauce soon called "Mad Dog's
Revenge" which will be 1Million Scoville Units, HPLC tested. And, because
it's made by this same guy, I expect it to taste great too.

- mary

At 01:41 AM 10/25/00 -0500, Michael E Gardner wrote:
>Is the "pepper extract" in the "Endorphin Rush" sauce a purified
>capsacian or a hab extract?  What is on the market that may be hotter?

FireGirl - http://firegirl.com
Over 800 hot sauces and other spicy products!
Dave's Insanity $5.95 Every Day
Endorphin Rush $3.75 Every Day
800-296-9646* 207-865-3638 * Fax: 207-865-9125