Re: [CH] Restaurant/ hot shop review pages

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:04:29 -0600

ThePepperMan@cs.com wrote:

> Hi folks, Just checking in to let you know how things are coming along.

> I've got the review entry page working well and am now working up the page
> for viewing the results of your search. You should be able to search by the
> name of the establishment, the type (restaurant, hot shop, fresh pods,
> tourist spot, or Miscellaneous), city, state, and country, as well as the 5
> point rating given by the reviewer. Would you like to be able to search by
> the type of cuisine also? If so how about someone (everyone) submitting a
> list of the cuisines which should be included. I wouldn't want to offend
> anyone by leaving something out.

> The complete set of pages should be available by the end of the week (fingers
> crossing right about now).

> We could also set up a discussion board similar to the one at chowhound.com
> if you'd like. Maybe a separate board for each cuisine? Any thoughts?

I'd suggest that an Asian/Oriental category be sub-divided by specifics.
Someone looking for pungent food isn't going to want to wade through
Cantonese places. Probably could stick with the major subdivisions of SE
Asia, Indian sub-continent, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian. Other types
could be BBQ, Latino (with sub-divisions as needed), Chilli Parlours,
Cajun/Creole, African, Middle East, and other that I have probably
forgotten to include.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider