Re: [CH] Re: A sauce new to me

Mark McHugh (mt_mchugh@internet-stat.net)
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 14:56:13 -0600

raincrone@juno.com wrote:

>  <PARKHURS@leavenworth.army.mil> writes:
>  > > I picked up a bottle of Búfalo Chipotle, Mexican Hot Sauce.
> >
> >    Try mixing some into cocktail sauce next time you have
> > seafood.  It really adds a nice zing.
>
> Other nice things to do with Bufalo chipotle sauce:
>
> Add a little (don't overdo it) to tuna casserole or tuna salad.  It's
> great.

I like straight Tabasco for tuna salad, but this does sounds like it
would work.

> Use it on pizza.   Beats the hell out of crushed red chiles.

I'm bit of a purist prig when it comes to pizza.  I don't even add
parmesan.

> Add it to sour cream and use that to garnish gazpacho or most any hot
> thick soup.  For root vegetable or wiinter squash soups, add a little
> orange zest to this.

This would add the kick I've always thought that borshch needed.

> Mix it half and half with your favorite hab sauce; this is a good
> second best if you can't get Billy Bob's paradisial Blazin' Trail
> Smoky Habanero Sauce, which I consider the best hot sauce on earth.

I picked up a couple bottles of hab sauce along with the Búfalo.  The
one I can recall at the moment had pineapple in it--Tropical Pepper
Co.'s Xtra Hot Habanero.  I had some with ribs this weekend.  I'm
going back for more my next visit.

> Mix it with cream cheese, olives, walnuts and perhaps a minced shallot
> for a great sandwich spread.  Slices of ripe tomato are optional but
> wonderful.
>
> If you eat meat, mix Bufalo with the mayo on BLTs, turkey
> sandwiches or burgers.

I've already assaulted my Miracle Whip and bottle of Italian dressing
with copious amounts of el Búfalo.  It's such a great additive.  I
can't wait for the turkey sandwiches made with this concoction!

> Mix it with apricot or peach preserves, heat this and serve it
> as an alternative to Jezebel sauce with cream cheese or Neufchatel and
> Triscuits.

Not for me, fruit and smoke.  I don't even like any of the tame Sweet
and Sour dishes.

> And above all, keep a bottle in the car;  it's gorgeous on fries
> or potato wedges.

I picked up in the Army the habit of always having on hand Tabasco,
wrapped in a bandana, hidden in an ammo pouch.  My tastes have broaden
since then, but the ritual remains the same, minus the ammo pouch ;)

> Keep on rockin',
> Rain
> @@@@
> \\\\\\

Thanks for the recommendations!  I'm hungry now.  I wonder how good
fajitas with chipotles would be.

By the way, Alverez', my favorite Mexican restaurant in Rockford, had
a hot dish called Pollo Hausteco.  Any recipes for that out there?
I'd be much obliged.

--
´´
Mark McHugh