Re: [CH] A recipe and a request

Wesley R. Dean (wdean@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 01:10:03 -0700

Peg,

I try to visit San Antonio as often as possible and I fully intend on dying
either
there or somewhere in Mexico.

A friend suggests you try Taco Inn. Its on San Pedro, inside Loop 410.
He was there last night and saw that the chef has been
designated one of the 12 top chefs in South Texas. The other 11 were at
pricey hotels and very well known restaurants and central market. This is an
$1.25 for a bowl of soup place!
He suggests the spicy shrimp soup followed by the meatballs in chipotle sauce
and topped with the flan covered in raisins dusted with a heavy coat of
cinnamon. On the 17th, at the intersection of 410 and Blanco they are
opening a 2nd location that will have more seafood dishes. It will be
called Guajillo.

I will be visiting San Antonio myself in a  couple of weeks and I intend on
eating at
both of these restaurants and many other places as well.  San Antonio is not
so strong on non-Tex Mex cooking, but you would be hard pressed to find better
Tex Mex anywhere else.  Although I have favorites in almost every city in
Texas.

enjoy...

Wesley Dean