Re: [CH] OT parsley

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:43:52 -0800

peter g wrote:

> hi folks,
>  this posting is only marginally on topic, but since parsley finds its
> way into many "chilefied" dishes ... well i thought i'd ask ...
>    what's the best way to store freshly cut parsley ?
>    Happy New Year folks!
> peter g
Hi Peter from across the Straight...before you store that parsley in a
glass of water in the fridge, cut the ends under running water, or dump
the parsley into the sink and put water in the sink, then cut the ends!
Just make sure the ends have a fresh cut in water. This is an old
florist's trick so that an air bubble does not impede the flow of water
up the stem of whatever is cut...I have kept cilantro for over two weeks
in a water glass, and the glass placed in a plastic bag, if you aint got
germs, you can even blow into the bag(carbon dioxide, which the plant
likes) and then seal it. Just dont give the poor whatever halitosis!!:-)
And a very Happy New Year to you and yours, as well, and to all CH'ers
everywhere! Cheers, Doug in BC(also)