Re: [CH] Rocoto K-Marto?

bill jernigan (bill.jernigan@juno.com)
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 08:36:03 -0500

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:55:26 -0800 "Dave Anderson"
<Chilehead@tough-love.com> writes:
> They are a yellowish
> orange (peach?) color, not yellow or red as I'm used to seeing.

dave, a friend sometimes brings me these chiles from texas...mine are a
little oranger than what shows in your pictures, so yours may not be
completely ripe (or they could be yet another hybrid)...she says they are
at the supermarket there, in a small town, so she thinks they are
common...they showed up on the receipt as 'manzanos'...she knows NOTHING
about chiles, just knows that i like 'em...brought me some jalapenos and
serranos the first time, which i can get here in abundance any time of
year...

> I asked the produce guy where they came from and he said he
> thought they were from Mexico.

in tennessee, folks figure that any chile must come from mexico...if i
asked the produce kid in my supermarket where they came from, he would
probably say, 'over there, next to the artichokes'...  :-)

bill
did you donate food today?
visit http://www.thehungersite.com once a day

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!