Re: [CH] Chile Pepper Skull Cap

Rael64 (raelsixty4@earthlink.net)
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 23:49:30 -0700

At 09:36 PM 2/8/01 -0600, tucker wrote:
>Mike Simmons wrote:
>
>> The Colorado Cyclist magazine has a cotton, chile pepper print skull cap or
>> dorag.  Try their  web site @ coloradocyclist.com
>> No affiliation
>
>  Manufactured by Salsa Cycles, I would guess.  Got a pair of their biking
>socks with a chile pattern from a friend for Christmas (and a pair of chile
>dress socks from the wife).  Quite a few neat things in the Salsa catalog,
>unfortunately they don't sell direct to consumers.  Requested a Colorado
>catalog twice using the form from their site, and still don't have one.
Also,
>the coolest Salsa Cycles jersey at the Colorado site changes to a
different one
>when you click for the larger picture.  I called them a few months ago,
and was
>told the really cool one has not been available for a while.

GoTo: www.chefwareusa.com
chile print skull cap (black background) : 11.00
chile print bandanas (black background / white background / "habanero"
print) : 6.00
chile print baggie pants (black background / white background) : 35.00
(worth it IMO)

note on the chile pants: I've about 12 pairs of pants from ChefWare; have a
pair of the black chile print and a pair of the white.  Think I've had
these pants for about 5 years now and I'm about to replace the white pair
(my favorites, actually).  These pants have been through some nasty
kitchens, but baby, they last.  I now wear them to the gym, around town,
wherever.  The original baggies are best IMO...fit is great, comfort is
great...pockets suck in terms of keeping anything in them, but it ain't
like i've any cash-ola to carry about anyway...

And for those suspicious types, I *wish* I was affiliated with the company
in some manner...or just knew that I'd get a free pair of pants for a
little free word-o-mouth, but alas it ain't so.  Hell, after spending the
kind of money I have on their goods, I'd think they'd send me a pair just
to be nice...but NOOOOOO....

So, that's that...

Peace, Hendrix, Chiles...and back to my organic chem (gag...)

Rael-o-rama

Rael64
Monk of the TCS
Order of Immaculate Twister
In El Grande's Name...Left Foot Blue, Baby