RE: [CH] Off-topic-Post

Mary & Riley (uGuys@ChileGarden.com)
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:37:25 -0800

Luke,

If you want real unix try www.freebsd.org  It's UC Berkeley BSD unix.  You
can install over the net with 2 floppies.

Yahoo uses it.  I've been using it for years. Very popular with ISPs.  Very
stable.  Support is good via mailing list.  My 2nd recommendation would be
linux, but it's not real unix.

FreeBSD will run great on that hardware.  I use it on 486es to make
firewalls.  You want to get version 4.2-RELEASE.  Let me know if you have
any questions.

hth.

Kind regards,

Riley