Re: [CH] Too Many Bugs?

Snyder, Curt (CSnyder@ligand.com)
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:48:27 -0800

>Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:01:00 -0500
>From: Ed Johnson <ejohnso1@maine.rr.com>
>Subject: Re: [CH] Too Many Bugs?
>
>Hummm... I wonder what the vegetarians on our list think of this idea. Are
>insects forbidden food?

As one of the VegHead ChileHeads, I can answer for myself and a few others I
know. There are several reasons for being vegetarian. If it's because you
respect life, then the bugs are out. And yes, everyone realizes that
regardless of what you do, you're killing a living being in some manner (we
all kill yeast every time we eat or drink anything). The general rule of
thumb that a lot of vegetarians use: If it has a face, I won't eat it. (no
knuckledraggers comments, please!) If you're vegetarian for health reasons,
then your answer may vary. Personally, veghead or not, NO THANKS!