Re: [CH] Cheap easy spread

Veronica (vfreeman@gte.net)
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:37:23 -0800

Greetings,

My personal favorite is cream cheese with chopped pickled jalapenos.  I
snack on it with tortilla chips, even though the family keeps a safe
distance on that one.  I am looking forward to trying more exotic
recipes, once I get my hands on some of those powdered chiles!  I do
have a pretty good hot sauce collection, about thirty bottles, but they
are so pretty I usually can't bear to open them!

My current treasure was given to me recently as a gift.   I am a Black
woman, and my family held a party to celebrate the successful removal of
my brain tumor last year.  I enjoy African arts and clothes, and a pilot
friend of mine gave me a 16 oz. bottle Xhosa Umsobo Iyababa (the purple
heat).  It is made with beets and chiles, and comes in this great wine
bottle, complete with cork screw cap, and a "head dress" closure adorned
with african beads.  It looks so cool, I don't know that I will ever be
able to bring myself to pop the cork!  The sauce is made in Cape Town
South Africa.

Veronica