Re: [CH] Cheap easy spread

mstevens@exit109.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:05:13 GMT

At 11:37 AM 3/19/01 -0800, Veronica wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>My personal favorite is cream cheese with chopped pickled jalapenos.  I
>snack on it with tortilla chips, even though the family keeps a safe
>distance on that one.  I am looking forward to trying more exotic
>recipes, once I get my hands on some of those powdered chiles!  I do
>have a pretty good hot sauce collection, about thirty bottles, but they
>are so pretty I usually can't bear to open them!

You ought to contact Rev. Jim Campbell for the chile powders.  Local
restauranteers were intrigued by my sprinkling his habanero powder on my
vanilla ice cream...

Does a great Chipotle powder too.

http://www.wildpepper.com/

>My current treasure was given to me recently as a gift.   I am a Black
>woman, and my family held a party to celebrate the successful removal of
>my brain tumor last year.  I enjoy African arts and clothes, and a pilot
>friend of mine gave me a 16 oz. bottle Xhosa Umsobo Iyababa (the purple
>heat).  It is made with beets and chiles, and comes in this great wine
>bottle, complete with cork screw cap, and a "head dress" closure adorned
>with african beads.  It looks so cool, I don't know that I will ever be
>able to bring myself to pop the cork!  The sauce is made in Cape Town
>South Africa.

I think I saw that stuff advertized in Chile Pepper magazine.  Are those the
sauces with all the silver hoops and beads and stuff around the neck of the
bottle?  Will have to check when I get home...

=Mark nominated "Honorary Black Man" for my home smoked ribs and sides by my
office staff...