Re: [CH] What's a Bayarea Chilehead to do?

Joan Sullivan R.Ph. (Joan@adobedrug.com)
Wed, 27 Feb 2036 23:59:08 -0800

Tommy's Mexican Restaurant on Geary & around 24th Avenue (No, not Tommy's
Joint @ Geary & VanNess).

Open since 1965.  Standard Mexican fare along with Yucatecan specialties.
Absolutely the best Margaritas north of the border (except my house) made
with fresh lime & house-made Controy,  & an extensive selection of premium
tequilas.

Great red & green salsas served standard with meal, but when you ask for it
you can get fresh salsa de habanero (roasted chile, lime juice, salt, little
grated carrot) or even a whole, roasted hab in a little dish!!

Family run joint...Tommy, mama @ the register, son's in bar & kitchen, new
grandbaby being shown off.

Oh, also habanero infused tequila.

Joan