Re: [CH] Mild (no heat) Jalepenos

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:04:51 -0500

At 09:29 PM 3/19/2001 -0800, Dave Anderson wrote:
>I'm not sure which one Dr. Bosland developed. TAM Jalapeno is a
>fairly mild one from Texas A&M. It's been around a while. Fooled
>You is a new hybrid from Seminis. It supposedly has no heat. You
>should be able to get seeds for either from any of the big seed
>suppliers.

TAMs are an odd jalapeno to predict heat-levels of.  Some summers I grow
them and end up gasping for relief and other summers they really are mild.
I always attributed a lot of it to the heat-stress the plants are subjected
to.  Last year I grew regular jalapenos in the garden and they didn't seem
hot at all.  The ones I grew in troughs in the yard that get sun most of
the day were quite spicy.

carpo