[CH] Re: Hotluck & Open Fields

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:49:42

>From: raelsixty4@earthlink.net

>alas, 'tis too late...now it is just me, me and my warm soapy
>rag...

I wonder how many people, over the years, have had to briefly excuse
themselves after reading that original in Ulysses.  I got the text from
here:

http://csl.stanford.edu/~gere/yes.html

and the Firesign Theatre fans among us recognize it as starting with "let's
take a taste of this fabulous Yucatan Blue, scored to you from the sky-blue
waters of that beautiful bay, and picked by naked little froggy native boys
in their tight leather aprons running through the fields by the sea and the
sea crimson sometimes like fire..."

I don't know if it is possible to run through the pepper fields and gather
capsaicin on an apron, but I do know from experience that it is possible to
contract a case of Hunan Heel by walking barefoot in a mix of mud and fallen
peppers.

- A