Re: Reply [CH] Chile origins

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:40:56 -0500

>On 28 Mar 01 at 21:33, Luke Speer wrote:
>
> > Hi Carpo:
> > Very Tongue in cheek reply there on your part.

The cocaine in the mummy-flesh is true, and it wasn't Edgar Cayce who came
up with the theory of Peru being Noah's home-port.

I did however, sort of make up the part about eating the seed-stock.   I
read a great story once about these Russian scientists who starved to death
during WWver2.0 guarding a warehouse full of wheat.  This was the
seed-stock for special hybrids that would grow in near-tundra conditions.

Hmmmm.  You know, those Russian days are quite long during the summer and
they do have a lot of tundra.  If they planted a big hunk of it in chiles
it might just solve a lot of their economic porblems.   I mean have you
ever seen an Alaskan cabbage?   22 hours of sunlight makes them HUGE.

carpo