Re: [CH] multichilephilia, and why it's a good thing

(kodiak@flail.com)
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:30:21 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 raincrone@juno.com wrote:
> I'm delighted to hear there's another serrano freak here besides me and
> Susan Byers.

I'm just a lurker, but of the three hot peppers you can always find in
supermarkets (habs, jalapenos and serranos), serranos are the only ones I
can eat whole.  In fact, if I'm cooking anything with a liquid base, I
generally use serranos instead of habs, because I can use far more without
introducing a bitter flavor.  It's only when I'm stir-frying that I find
myself using habs, because I have an easier time coaxing the heat out into
the rest of the dish.

Oh, and while I'm weighing in - I can't stand the flavour of Tabasco.  I
don't think it's because of any particular failing on the part of the
sauce makers, I just always assumed it was a flavour I didn't like.

-= flail? http://flail.com/ =-
 -= the online comic strip =-