[CH] Re: Mexican heat (was law)

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:48:14

>From: "Dave Anderson" <Chilehead@tough-love.com>

>We have
>Mexican restaurants in Nevada that, (believe it or not) cater to
>Mexicans! The food is excellent, and you can "Eat the Heat".

In contrast, near my place, there was a restaurant named Guadalajara that
marketed its foods as _not_ hot, like real Mexican food isn't full of heat
all the time.  Who knows, maybe it's some regional thing.

The Hispanics are moving into central Ohio fast, and the Mexican restaurants
have vastly improved just in the last five years.  Same with Mexican
markets, five years ago there may have been one, ten years ago none.  Now I
can browse Peruvian pepper pastes at El Inka near home.

I didn't see this coming when I took Spanish in college, but this makes me
glad that I did.  I never thought that another language would move into our
area like this.  I'm glad to see it.

- A