[CH] Re: salsa experiment!

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 11:38:48

>From: "Chris Cherry" <chris@fieldsfinancial.com>
>
>At the grocery store yesterday, I saw some gorgeous habs, so of course, I
>had to pick some up.

Yeah, sometimes they just beg you to come over and scoop a few up.  I swear,
they can lure.

>The big hit of
>the gathering was (don't laugh!) an Apple-Habanero creation adapted from a
>Mango-Habanero salsa recipe.

When I've made batches of red hab mash in the hab field, I added a fair
amount of apples - in that case, right off the tree behind me.  I also use
cider as the moisture to get it started simmering.  The flavor isn't really
noticeable, but I think it rounds off a little of the sharpness of the habs
by introducing a touch of sweetness.

*drums fingers* Now, there's the way Mom would always bake apples, cored and
stuffed with raisins ... I wonder what habs would be like instead of
raisins...

- A