Re: [CH] Seattle WA Area Chile Heads -- Rocoto Starts

L Anderson (lowella@serv.net)
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:39:27 -0700

Fieryfood@aol.com wrote:

> Lowell,
> Your rocotos sound interesting. I've never tried growing chiles because I
> have ALL shade. Can't grow any other veggies, either. Hard for an ex-farm
> girl! Any chance that the rocotos might do okay in pots in shade environment?
> If so, I'd be interesting in adopting a couple of your babies!
> Peggy
> Seattle's Chile (who doesn't grow any) Babe

Peggy,

I doubt it very much but I have not tried it--my back yard is too sunny
(given Seattle) for that.  Although my potted ones over winter inside,
they get quite spindly and sprawling.  I prune them back when they go
back outside.  If you would like to try, just let me know and you can
have some starts.  I have more than enough.

An OT note:  If you have all shade, perhaps you should try trillium
ovatum.  A PNW native trillium that does well in the shade.

Regards,

Lowell