Re: [CH] (no subject)

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:29:56 +0000

Uncle_Dirty_Dave wrote:

> Mary & Riley wrote:

When we had a Winniebago, many moons ago, and  Cdn buck was not in the
dumpster, we travelled to California every year,sometimes more than once, and
we always stopped in Castroville to get deep fried artichokes,directly from
the farm. We also brought home a case of the marinated variety.....the deep
fried artichoke hearts available then in Castroville were absolutely fabulous
eating. I have however never been successful at getting the same delicious
flavor from raw, fresh ones,howver I have tried to do them, and dipping them
in butter has no allure for this old lactose intolerant guy! Beside, just
think of the excess fat!
This from a Liberal(read Democrat) Cheers, Doug in BC