Re: [CH] Newbie with questions

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:12:19 -0400

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Robin Spires wrote:

> hello! I'm new to the list...but love it already. I'm a die-hard chile
> fan and recently started growing a handful of different types.  I'm
> container gardening in central florida. since my "crop" Is very small,
> I'm wondering if any of you would have any links to sites that sell
> fresh red chiles . I'd like to make some Ristras.

I'm not sure your area is dry enough to allow Ristras to dry without
becoming moldy.

There are some sites in New Mexico that ship Hatch chiles to individuals,
but that still requires a substantial order, IIRC.

There's usually an announcement/discussion of this when the crop nears
harvest time.

> I'm also searching for a source for poblano plants .

Others here have often recommended/raved Susan Byers in the past.

http://www.thechilewoman.com

Chuck Demas

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas