[CH] Mojitos

Kudjing@aol.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:05:31 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/01 11:14:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
PARKHURS@LEAVENWORTH.ARMY.MIL writes:

> They
>  had a drink special, "mojito", advertised as "Hemingway's
>  Favorite Drink".  We asked the Cuban waiter what was in
>  it, and he said: rum, mint and "lamb juice".  We tried it
>  anyway and were pleased to discover that "lamb juice"
>  was really lime juice, and the drink is quite good.  The
>  braised lamb shanks I ordered were excellent, and they did
>  indeed have "lamb juice".
>
>  Scott... sorry about all the lamb talk, Doug... KCK

And, if I remember rightly, the mojito is usually served with a long, green
chile.

My only attempt to produce one of these things (out of a magazine recipe,
though I don't remember *which* magazine) was pretty abysmal. I got a sip, my
wife got a sip, and the sink got the rest.

Anyone have a reliable, tested formula?  Summer is almost upon us....

-- Dan//wearing a very scientific hat