Re: [CH] OT: salad *with*, please

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Thu, 03 May 2001 18:27:06 -0500

raincrone@juno.com wrote:

> .. Anyway, I figure people who serve salad first and separately must not
> have been brought up to know what's good together.  I mean, how can I
> taste the
> exquisiteness of slaw and fried fish together, for example, or tossed
> salad and lasagna, or potato salad and baked beans, if they aren't on the
> table at the same time?  Sorry, but it makes no sense to me at all.

  Ah well.  I was thinking of restaurant meals.  At home we just throw it all
on the table at the start...  Although, I do have that freakish "food can't
touch" problem; and somehow during my pre-memory childhood, developed the
habit of finishing one thing before starting another.  Ie- finish all
potatoes before starting veggies, meat, etc.  Same goes for salad; even if
it's there with the meal, if it's started first, it's finished first.  And
yes, my wife does love to point out that I'm an oddball.  Can't help it...

--
Erich
C-H # 2099