Re: [CH] Cinco de Mayo

Mac (macknet@pacbell.net)
Sat, 05 May 2001 08:23:02 -0700

peter g wrote:

> Folks ,
>     since tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo , i wondered if anyone might
> recommend a special CH type dish for celebrations.
> festive recipes too if you've got 'em .
> thanks
> peter g

For us, here in sunny SoCal, it's usually been grilled shark
tacos, rice, beans and tostaditas with lotsa hot sauce, salsa
and good quality Mexican beer to wash it down.  There's no
historic significance to the fish taco menu...we just like 'em.
The particulars (and a couple of recipes) can be found in my
web pages.

This year, my wife has to work, one of my daughters and her
husband are moving into their new house this weekend, and
another daughter just had her first baby.  There's not been
much time nor would there be enough participants to think
about a family Cinco de Mayo get-together this year.  Maybe
next year.  Or, maybe next week...doesn't have to be Cinco
de Mayo to enjoy good Mexican food.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@pacbell.net

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...