Re: [CH] $$$

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Tue, 08 May 2001 21:50:41 -0500

peter g wrote:

> ... i think that entirely too many sauces are priced way
>
> too high, retailing at more that U$5 for a small bottle.
> that's a buck an ounce & i won't pay that much for whiskey if i can
> avoid it.
>     my 2-cents-worth.
>
> peter g

  This is a good point.  I bought a bunch of different Melinda's sauces
on
the web, and paid around $4 - $5 each.  Even after dividing the shipping
by
the number of bottles, it was around $5 - $5.5 ea.  The local hot shop
(Cedarburg, WI) doesn't have a sauce under $6.95, except maybe one,
IIRC.
I'd love to support my local shop, but at $7 for a bottle of sauce with
very short life expectancy...  I just stick to buying some of the more
interesting Salsas he carries there.  I think they're Canyon brand, or
something...

Thanks for listening to me ramble (ok, reading my rambling...)

--
Erich
C-H # 2099  Of the cheap-ass persuasion.