Re: [CH] re: $$$

L Anderson (lowella@serv.net)
Fri, 11 May 2001 17:15:33 -0700

I was in Key West a few years ago and dropped by a local hot sauce
place, memory fades so I don't recall the name.  Hundreds of variations
on the pepper sauce were to be beheld!  I about choked when one sauce I
wanted had an $8 or so price tag for a 4-5oz bottle.  Needless to say, I
put my wallet back in my pocket and left without the desired item--my
loss.  After all, I could make my own to satisfy my habit!  After
reading Peggy's "vent" and recalling that day in the Key West pepper
store, it struck me that paying $8 was low compared to what it costs me
to "roll my own" here in Seattle.  Eight bucks is a bargain!  I'll keep
rolling my own for the fun of it, but I'll never again pass on paying $8
for my next desired pepper fix!

Lowell Anderson