Re: [CH] re: $$$

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Sat, 12 May 2001 10:07:27 -0400

At 05:15 PM 5/11/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I was in Key West a few years ago and dropped by a local hot sauce
>place, memory fades so I don't recall the name.  Hundreds of variations
>on the pepper sauce were to be beheld!  I about choked when one sauce I
>wanted had an $8 or so price tag for a 4-5oz bottle.  Needless to say, I
>put my wallet back in my pocket and left without the desired item--my
>loss.  After all, I could make my own to satisfy my habit!  After
>reading Peggy's "vent" and recalling that day in the Key West pepper
>store, it struck me that paying $8 was low compared to what it costs me
>to "roll my own" here in Seattle.  Eight bucks is a bargain!  I'll keep
>rolling my own for the fun of it, but I'll never again pass on paying $8
>for my next desired pepper fix!

Especially when put in perspective with other products.  Out here in the
shadow of NYC it is not uncommon at some of the better restaurants to be
charged $8 for a single martini, and I'm talking about the house booze not
the Bombay Sapphire or Absolut!  At least that $$$ bottle of hotsauce will
last more than 10 or 15 minutes...

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                          Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomniac...

             Lying awake at night, wondering if there is a Dog.