Re: [CH] $$$

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Sat, 12 May 2001 07:52:02 +0000

"Elden E. Martin" wrote:

>  I have worked for a food wholesale brokerage. (Big Snippage)
> Larger companies that can offer the incentives get the most shelf space on
> the plan-o-gram.  I am a big fan of Maurice's Bar-B-Que sauce and because of
> some stupid boycott, can no longer get it in stores because they ALL
> believed the NAACP when they said all we want is the flag off the dome-well,
> they lied.  We still have an ineffective boycott in SC and I can no longer
> find Maurice's BBQ Sauce in stores I have to go to Columbia to get it-and I
> do.  If Maurice had big bucks, it would still be there in the stores next to
> bland Kraft and KC masterpiece because he would pay to get the stuff on the
> shelf.  Because of the boycott, folks that the NAACP claims to help are now
> out of work and no possibility of getting a job because they have a poor
> education.  Now, how did that help those folks?  I digress, sorry.  Don't
> want to start a war here.

Hey....BIG cheers for you, Elden!   Perhaps it is because of my advanced age,
but I have had it up to here with "political correctness" and pressure groups,
regardless of whether they are racial, cultural, political, or whatever! When
this sort of garbage starts hitting into
what someone may or may not be able to purchase in a market, it is time for
revolt, folks! Pretty soon "they" may start removing chile related stuff as
injurious to a childs health, just think of that!! Cheers,Doug in BC