Re: [CH] Black Plastic Mulch

Ron Hill (rontah@enigma71.freeserve.co.uk)
Sat, 12 May 2001 15:42:44 +0100

At 06:05 PM 5/11/01 -0500, Mike Benson wrote:

>I'm familiar with landscape fabrics, and these (at least the ones I've seen)
>are not the same as the plastic mulch I'm looking for.  My guess would be that
>the landscape fabric is designed to last several years, as it's often used
>under shrub landscapes, perennial gardens, etc., where it's not expected to be
>replaced for several years.  It's also usually covered with bark, pine needles,
>rocks, and things like that, where plastic mulch is (I think) used for one
>season, uncovered, and thrown away.  Although I'm looking for the black type,
>it is supposedly available in white, red, yellow and clear.

Hi from the UK,
Just a word of warning if anyone considers using the yellow colored mulch -
the yellow color will attract insects of all sorts. That's how the yellow
sticky fly traps work.

Same goes for yellow grow bags and yellow labels!

Regards drom the UK,
Ron Hill.
(Nice to be back on the CH list again and seeing some of the old familiar
names are still there ).