Re: [CH] How to tell if you are getting a flaming e-mail....

mstevens@exit109.com
Tue, 15 May 2001 16:51:11 GMT

At 12:16 PM 5/15/01 -0400, Linda Reynolds wrote:
>Well Howdy Chile Friends!
>
>Been reading a lot lately but not posting....just got a frost last
>night so it is still too early for the
>Byron-Bottom-how-warm-is-the-garden-dirt test here in upstate NY!
>
>I was wondering if anyone else here on the list heard of a new e-mail
>program that determines the content of what is being said by the
>mailer and assigns Chiles to the subject line to tell the reader what
>kind of language is being used?  I heard it on some computer type
>radio talk show but only got part of it.  It is supposedly designed
>to let you know if you are getting flamed.  I thought it kinda funny
>seeing as all of our talk is hot and would welcome a few chiles along
>with each post!

This is in the newer versions of Eudora, and is not to tell you if you are
getting flamed.  It is designed to let you know that a message you are about to
send could be deemed offensive by the recipient.  It apparently designates the
level of posible insult by the number of chile peppers...

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                          Dyslexic Agnostic Insomniac...

           Lying awake at night, wondering if there is a dog.