Re: [CH] How to tell if you are getting a flaming e-mail....

bill jernigan (billjernigan@icx.net)
Tue, 15 May 2001 19:21:03 -0400

At 04:51 PM 5/15/01 +0000, mstevens@exit109.com wrote:

actually, it works both ways...incoming messages (such as the one below)
are rated, so that you can either delete it, or at least read it with the
understanding that it could be (tho probably isn't) inflammatory...

and outgoing msgs are rated so that you might reword your message if you
did not intend to be offensive...

the original message (from linda) was not awarded a chile...mark's reply,
however, got TWO chiles...see if you can figure out what the offensive
words are...

eudora 5.0...more fun than swattin' flies on a summer's day...

>At 12:16 PM 5/15/01 -0400, Linda Reynolds wrote:
> >Well Howdy Chile Friends!
> >
> >Been reading a lot lately but not posting....just got a frost last
> >night so it is still too early for the
> >Byron-Bottom-how-warm-is-the-garden-dirt test here in upstate NY!
> >
> >I was wondering if anyone else here on the list heard of a new e-mail
> >program that determines the content of what is being said by the
> >mailer and assigns Chiles to the subject line to tell the reader what
> >kind of language is being used?  I heard it on some computer type
> >radio talk show but only got part of it.  It is supposedly designed
> >to let you know if you are getting flamed.  I thought it kinda funny
> >seeing as all of our talk is hot and would welcome a few chiles along
> >with each post!
> >

>This is in the newer versions of Eudora, and is not to tell you if you are
>getting flamed.  It is designed to let you know that a message you are
>about to
>send could be deemed offensive by the recipient.  It apparently designates
>the
>level of posible insult by the number of chile peppers...
>

>                     =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens
>
>                 @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
>                                   @ ICQ# 2059548 @
>
>                           Dyslexic Agnostic Insomniac...
>
>            Lying awake at night, wondering if there is a dog.

bill
have you donated food today?
visit http://www.thehungersite.com every day...

The sooner all the animals are extinct, the sooner we'll find their money.
- Ed Bluestone