Re: [CH] chile, chilli Sauce & Paste V7 #353

mstevens@exit109.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:49:49 GMT

At 03:25 PM 5/23/01 +0200, T wrote:
>> That would depend upon where one was learning "English". Let me
>> remind the N. Americans on this list that you are seriously
>> outnumbered in the spelling department,
>
>By whom?
>
>Seems to me that NA spellers speakers greatly outnumber UK spellers.

Depends on whether you include all the inhabitants of specific areas of the
world or just those with internet access.  Those with access to the net seem to
be skewed towards North America and western Europe with a few blips from
Isreal, Australia and New Zealand.  If taken as representing the total
population of the world, per capita, those who spell chilli probably outnumber
those who use chile (UK, OZ, NZ, India and the rest of the southeast Asian
Subcontinent as well as a good deal of the Pacific island nations.).

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                          Dyslexic Agnostic Insomniac...

           Lying awake at night, wondering if there is a dog.