RE: [CH] I've been attacked!

Boulden, Randy (RBoulden@natco-us.com)
Thu, 31 May 2001 08:44:21 -0500

Delurk.......I totally agree.  I have 4 cats and an 8 X 40 raised bed tomato
and pepper garden.  My cats have never hurt a single pepper that I am aware
of.  Now when my neighbors rabbits dug a hole under the fence, I caught them
in my pepper patch and ran them out.  Rabbits will eat just about anything
that grows including peppers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Meconella@aol.com [mailto:Meconella@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 12:26 AM
To: Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] I've been attacked!

In a message dated 5/30/01 1:39:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mprerost@mindspring.com writes:

<<   What got hit was 2
 plants, not very tall and with fairly thin stems.  Both cut off well
 above the soil line during the day.  I thinking it's my neighbors cat
 that did it.  >>

Its more likely that something like a rabbit did it.  Cats tend to be
finicky
and prefer to eat grass when outdoors,  not solanaceous things that
generally
taste bad.  My cats are always out in my garden with my chiles,  and they
have yet to eat one.  They have tried to cover the small ones with soil
after
doing you know what,  but eat them?  No.

Meconella